In this article, you will learn how to import new/update existing subscribers to your subscriber list. Using our import features, we will help to filter invalid email formats and duplicate email accounts in your .CSV file.
Things to note
- You can choose to add a list of subscribers to subcategories by importing .CSV file. Record of the existing subscribers will not be compromised. Only their subcategory assignment will be updated.
To create a .CSV file to import it into Enginemailer:
- Email addresses of people who have opted in to receive your newsletter
- A blank sheet in a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, saved in a CSV file
How to Import subscribers
Import subscribers requires several steps. Before you start the import process, you need to prepare your .CSV file.
Preparing your CSV file
To prepare your own file, follow the steps below:-
- Open a new worksheet using Excel or Google Sheets
- Create and label the first column, for example: Email Address
- After Email Address column, create and label additional columns, such as First Name and Last Name
- Paste your subscriber's information into relevant columns
- Save the file as CSV. Now your file is ready, you can proceed to the import.
Import/Update subscribers to Enginemailer
To upload your CSV file, follow the steps below:-
- Go to Subscribers tab
- Click on Add Subscriber button
- Select Import CSV
- Step 1: Select File
Click on the Browse file button to select file, and click Upload file once complete. Only .CSV file is supported.Notes: If the first row of your import contains the column headers, then keep "The first row in my file is a column header, do not import it." box checked.
- Step 2: Assign SubCategory
Click on the subcategories that you want your subscriber assign to. If you have no category at the moment, you can create one at this stage.
- Step 3: Map Column Data
Now map the columns in your spreadsheet to the fields in Enginemailer. Simple click and select the input fields. Email field need to be mapped in order to proceed. If you do not want to import/update the field, you can select --- Skip this column ---.Note: If you have a field that is not created in Enginemailer, learn how to create custom field from here. After that, you can refresh the page and resume the import process.
- Step 4: Review and Upload
In this stage, we will validate the list data and tell you when duplicates are found. If "Override existing data with this new data" is checked, all the existing data regardless empty or with data will be replaced.
Click on the Show me link to preview the invalid data. You can edit and delete the data.