To get a better idea of how well your campaigns are doing in different parts of the world, Enginemailer allows you to track campaign performance by Location. This Location Data can be drilled down from the Country level to Areas within the Country, and allows you to view Open Rates and Click Through Rates.
How is Location Data Recorded?
When a subscriber opens and interacts with your email campaigns, data is sent from their email client to us, allowing us to capture the IP address. We use the IP address to determine the location of where the campaign was opened from.
Tracking Location Data
To find out how your campaigns are doing based on Location, simply do the following:
- Navigate to the Reports tab.
- Select the data you wish to view Location data for under the Domain and Campaign filter. You can do this for individual campaigns, or select All campaigns for a snapshot of how all your campaigns are doing within a specific timeframe.
- Scroll down to the Locations chart. The heatmap will show you the distribution of users based on their location data. Actual numbers for Opened and Clicked by Country can be viewed on the right of the map.
- To drill down deeper to view a breakdown of data within a Country, click on the chosen Country.
How Accurate is Location Data?
Location data is tracked based on subscriber IP addresses, which means the data is as accurate as the IP address data being provided to Enginemailer. Data may be skewed if a subscriber engages in activities that result in their location being misreported.
The following scenarios may result in skewed data if used by your subscribers:
- The use of Virtual Private Networks when accessing emails.
- Certain email service providers that use proxies, such as Gmail, Yahoo or Apple Mail.
- Emails that are forwarded from the inbox to another person will reflect the original recipient's location details.