With segmentation, you could divide your subscribers into smaller groups based on their geolocation, interests, engagement history and much more. This helps you send targeted email campaign to people that actually interested. Segments will update in real-time when your contact's data matches the criteria you defined.
In this article, you will learn how Segments work in Enginemailer.
To create segments, you need to define the conditions to filter contacts based on the information stored in Subscribers. Each segment can include unlimited conditions, however the longer the conditions, the longer the processing time would be.
For example, you want to send to subscribers who have recently opened your email campaign, you could create a segment with a condition as below:
After saving the segment, you could assign them into a subcategory and then create an email campaign or a series of autoresponder specifically for this group of contacts. We will automatically filter out the contacts who already unsubscribed from you during the sending.
To send targeted campaign, we encourage you to create more segments. You may add your subscriber into multiple segments too.
There are a lot of segment conditions that you could use. Here are some of the examples you can create:
- Subscribers who opened any of the last 5 campaigns
- Subscribers who last clicked date was before 17/10/2019
- Subscribers who date added was within the last 7 days
- Subscribers who sign up was thru form submission
- Subscribers who unsubscribed (become inactive) due to spam complaint
- Subscribers who birthday month is October
- and much more...