Want to find out more about your audience's tastes and preferences? Need some feedback regarding your latest product or campaign? All you need to do is create a simple survey. In this article, you will learn how to create a survey from scratch and share it to the public.
Create a Survey form
To create a survey form:
- Click the Surveys tab
- Click the Create Survey button
- Input your Survey form name
- (Optional) Check Are respondents unique if you would like to track unique traffic. When checked, the survey will only allow submissions to be taken ONCE from same device.
- (Optional) Check Do you want to track the email if you prefer the response to show email addresses instead of being left anonymous. Once checked, you are required to insert the email address field into the survey form. It is recommended to position the email field on the first page as we do not allow multiple responses from same email address.
- Once completed, click Next.
- On the Choose Template view, pick a template to proceed.
- On the Design view, drag any field types to the form and design it to your liking.
- You are able to add/remove pages on the Pages panel. It is compulsory to have at least one page of survey questions and a confirmation page.
Notes: If you enable Do you want to track the email, you are required to insert an email field in order to proceed.
- Click Save and Publish if you want to publish the form
Notes: If you want to save the survey without publishing it, click on the arrow next to the Save and Publish button, then hit Save
- In the final step, you can get a hosted URL to share your survey.
Supported Field Types
We provide several field types that you can add to your survey:
Used to request extra context from your respondents.
Similar to Text, this option is for enabling longer responses spanning multiple lines.
Respondents are allowed to choose one answer ONLY from a list of dropdown choices
- Multiple choice
Respondents are allowed to choose more than one answer from your list of choices.
- Single selection
Respondents are allowed to choose one answer ONLY from a multiple choice selection.
Only allows respondents to type in numerical value.
Asks respondents to enter a specific date.
- Net Promoter Scale (NPS)
Asks your respondents to measure their satisfaction value with your company, brand or service. Enginemailer calculates the score automatically after analysing the result.
- Feedback Emoticons
Asks your respondents to evaluate a statement from a selection of smilies.
Analyse your results
Once you publish your survey, you'll be able to see the statistics in the Reports view.
You are able to view who has responded from the table view. If you did not select 'Do you want to track the email', respondent emails will not be tracked and instead be displayed as anonymous only.
All answers will be shown in the response summary. To view individual responses, click on the View response in the table view.