To help reduce spam, Enginemailer enforces Google reCAPTCHA to all forms that created using form builder. As we use invisible reCAPTCHA within our system, so it does not require user to click on the checkbox. Only suspicious traffic will be prompted to solve the captcha.
By default, we use general site key and secret key for the captcha. To use your custom Google reCAPTCHA, follow the guide below.
Step 1: Generating Public and Private reCAPTCHA key
Before you can add Google reCAPTCHA to the form, you need to have a pair of keys created for reCAPTCHA to work. To generate public and private reCAPTCHA key:
- Head over to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin. You'll need to log into your Google account.
- In the Register a new site section, enter a label in the label box.
- Select Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Under Domains, enter the URL for your website without http://.
- Click the Register button when complete.
- You should now see your site key and secret key that will allow you to start using the custom Google reCAPTCHA on your site.
Step 2: Add the keys to the form
- In the form builder, click Use custom settings for Google reCAPTCHA in Setup step.
- Paste the site key and secret key you generated.
If you change your domain, update reCAPTCHA settings
Google reCAPTCHA only works on the domains you enter during the registration process. When you use the form on other websites, you need to add it to your API key settings on Google.
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin.
- Under your reCAPTCHA sites, click your site's domain
- Add your new domain to the Domains list.
- Click Save changes.