Autoresponder is built to automate your newsletter, if you ever wanted to send a greeting message on your subscriber's birthday or a warm welcome message when they join your newsletter, you should try out our autoresponder feature.
In this article, you'll learn how to create an autoresponder.
- When autoresponder pauses after publish, no email will be sent out during this period of time.
- After you resume the autoresponder, email that has passed the scheduled date/time will be skipped, subscriber will continue to receive the email based on the Day they are in.
About autoresponder triggers
There are two autoresponder triggers in Enginemailer:
- Subcategory - Autoresponder that run when you add specific subcategory to a contact. It can be triggered using API, add manually, import or form submission.
- Birthday - Autoresponder that sends based on the data of birthday field.
To create a new autoresponder, follow the steps below:
- Go to Autoresponder tab.
- Click Create Autoresponder button to begin.
- Enter an autoresponder name, select a trigger. If you choose subcategory, select a subcategory in the dropdown.
- Once complete, click Next.
- Enter a day in the calendar. If you want to trigger the email on the same day, enter 0.
- If your trigger is Birthday, you can choose day before / day after. To send 1 month before the birthday, enter 30 day, then choose Before.
- Click the Create button under Email sequences on this day to create the first email.
- On the email setup screen, input the template name, what time should the email be sent?, sender's name, sender's email, subject and preview text (optional).
- Click Create button under design your template to design your email.
- On template step, choose your template.
- On content step, design your template.
- Click Next to return to the autoresponder.
- You can add more emails (max 5) on this day, otherwise add more day by clicking on + Add a Day button.
- You may Save the autoresponder at any point of time, and publish it when you are ready.