Verifying your email domain will help ensure that your email gets good inbox placement without being flagged as Spam. To be able to send out your first email in Enginemailer, you need to verify that you are using a a valid email address hosted under a domain that you can access.
In this article, you'll learn how to verify your email domain.
Things to Note
- If you use a free email provider such as Gmail or Yahoo to begin your campaign, you still have to verify your email address. However, because you are not the domain owner, your domain will never be verified.
Verify email domain in Campaign Setup
The easiest way to verify an email domain is through Campaign Setup. To verify your email domain in Campaign, follow the steps below:
- In the Campaign tab, click Add New Campaign.
- Enter the campaign details for the campaign you want to create.
- When we detect a new email domain, you will be prompted to verify the domain. Click Verify now.
- In the Verify Domain modal, confirm that your email address is correct and click Send Verification Email.
- After you receive the verification email, click on the link in the email.
- Once verified, go back to the Campaign view and click Next to continue the rest of the Campaign process.
Verify email domain in Account Settings
To add your domain through Account Settings, follow the steps below:-
- Go to Domains, which can be found in Settings.
- Click Add Domain.
- Enter the domain name you would like to send emails from.
For example: enginemailer.com.
- Click Add Domain.
Note: Do not enter http://, htpps:// or www
- Enter the email address (without your domain) and click Send Verification Email.
- (Optional) Verify your domain by adding the DNS record information shown on the screen. Click on to copy the details. Below is an example of what you will need to input in your domain provider's zone editor or cPanel.
This step is optional but is recommended for users looking for high deliverability. For more details on what domain authentications do, click here.
Type Hostname Value TXT @ v=spf1 include:enginemailer.org CNAME em1._domainkey dkim1.enginemailer.org CNAME em2._domainkey dkim2.enginemailer.org CNAME _dmarc _dmarc.enginemailer.org
- Click Continue To Domain Settings when you have completed the step above.
- Check the inbox of the email address provided in (5). Click on the link in the email to verify your email address.
Note: If you did not receive the email, click on Resend Verification Email to resend the email. If the email address you entered in (5) is incorrect, type in the new email address in the input field. A verification email will be sent to the new email address as well.
- (Optional) After records are entered into your domain records correctly, your domain should authenticate within a few moments. In some cases, it may take a bit longer. To complete the whole verification process, click Check DNS Records Now to verify your domain's DNS records.
- The screen will refresh and you will see four green ticks. This means that the domain has been successfully verified.
Note: It may take 24 to 48 hours for DNS changes to propagate over the Internet. If it doesn't reflect in your DNS after 48 hours, use this method to troubleshoot.