What is GIF? GIF is an image file, just like JPEG, PNG but contain animation. That means you can include GIF the same way you include other images. Animated GIFs are great way to attract your customers attention the moment they open your email, which is not typically possible with static email designs.
GIFs become increasingly popular in email marketing because it is easy to adopt into email. GIFs are well supported by most email clients, but it still does not work everywhere. Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 will only display the first frame of the animation. To accommodate for this, always ensure the first frame of the image tells the important message.
If you have no idea how to create GIF, you can always use GIPHY.
Add GIFs to your emails
- Go to giphy.com
- Search for the images
- Once decided, mouse over the images and click on the link icon to copy the link
- Add a new image block and click Browse
- Click Import button on the topbar
- Then paste the image link into the input field and hit Search
- Click on the image that appear on the right to import
- Now the image will be imported to your image gallery
- Click on the image to insert to your email